When the world went crazy over the Naked Palette, MUA released the Undressed palette, probably the most famous dupe of the UD one and yes, that’s the reason why I bought it.
The packaging is of a plastic material, small, compact and contains 12 eyeshadows plus a double ended sponge applicator (very useless, to be honest).
The eyeshadows have different texture and pigmentation so let’s talk about them!
- Shade 1 is a pink highlighter with a very dusty texture and a medium pigmentation. It’s not so comfortable to apply because of the fallout so it’s better to do the eye make-up first and then the rest of the face.
- Shade 2 is a cool pink shimmer eyeshadow, very dusty as well and medium pigmented like the first one but I haven’t noticed a lot of fallout.
- Shade 3 is a light matte nude, it’s not pigmented at all and you hardly can see it on the skin. It’s the most useless eyeshadow in the palette and there’s no primer, cream, pencil or whatever that can help it to be a little more visible.
- Shade 4 is a nude shimmer color with a medium pigmentation and a kind of a “creamy” texture. Yet you can find a bit of fallout but it’s very easy to apply and blend as well.
- Shade 5 suffers from the same disease as Shade 3. It has a very little pigmentation and unfortunately is a pretty useless eyeshadow.
- Shade 6 is a golden shimmer eyeshadow with the same creamy texture as Shade 4. The pigmentation is medium-high. I haven’t seen fallouts and I think it’s very easy to apply.
- Shades 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 (a light golden-bronze, a brown, a warm pink, a brownish burgundy and a gray smoke with blue undertone) are all metallic, medium pigmented and with a little fallout.
- Shade 12 is a smoky gray with a light blue undertone and has the same creamy texture of Shades 2, 4, and 6. The pigmentation is medium-high and has a bit of fallout like the other creamy shades.
Honesty I can’t tell why I don’t like this palette that much. I definitely don’t like the way the eyeshadows stick to the skin, it always seems that they do not adhere (despite the primer) and although they look pigmented and intense, everything disappears in a short time.
An other reason is that I don’t feel them comfortable on my eyes. I don’t know if there’s something different than the other eyeshadows I usually use, but every time I use them it seems like they fall directly into my eyes and I have to remove my make-up.
Un post condiviso da Serena Beltran (@serenabeltran) in data:
It’s true that I bought this palette years ago but I’ve had this feeling since the beginning.
The Undressed palette is a good value for money and can be a good choice for beginners or those who would like to try something similar to the Naked without spending a lot of money, but if you want the UD palette, go for it.
Price: 4£ / 5,99€ – 9,6 g – Expiration date: 12 months.